This week I got eyelash extensions at Salon De Beauté, a new studio in Financial District, NYC that offers a variety of lash styles for all different types of eye shapes.
For those who don't know how lash extension work, they are thin hairs (kind of like your lash) that are glued to your actual lashes to create the appearance of wider, fuller lashes.
When they invited me to try their services, I quickly thought about how bad I would probably be at taking care of them considering I sweat a lot at the gym, tend to wash my face multiple times a day, and toss and turn when I sleep. But just imagining how much better my pictures would come out having eye lash extensions was too tempting to pass on the offer.
I came in for a consultation with Bora and Claire at the new charming studio and they explained the process, the different styles, and the effects each creates. I suggested to go with a "natural look" and they immediately agreed. We decided upon the "Natural", "C Curl",12 (length) in order to get the length we wanted but still keep the natural shape of my eyes.
Things to note before the appointment:
- Remove all eye make up especially mascara.
- Use mild oil-free cleanser (otherwise the glue won't stick onto the natural lash)
- Do not curl your lashes.
After the 1-hour-application process (and deep sleep), I opened my eyes to discover my new found love for eyelash extensions! OMG, what a difference! Just check out my before and after below...
So, if you're anything like me, probably the first thing that pops into your mind as soon as you get them done is "how do I make them last?". So here are some really important Dos and Don'ts to follow:
- Carefully brush your lashes every morning to get them neat into place
- Try to sleep on your back or sideways.
- Chill out, don't work out (Avoid anything that involves sweat for the next 48 hrs.)
- Yes, by all means wear eye makeup, but be careful when applying it and removing it.
- Show them off!
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours after the application.
- Do not use mascara, eyelash curlers, or any oil based products.
- Avoid rubbing and pulling on the extensions.
Note: These eyelash extensions last 4 to 6 weeks depending on the natural cycle. It's suggested to retouch every 2 to 3 weeks to maintain your lashes.
With that said, you'll probably see me getting refills every now and then to keep this look, specially for the more special occasions. However, I hope that with the proper aftercare, I'm able to make them last longer than the usual 4 weeks... Let's see. I'll definitely keep you guys updated!
If you have any questions about aftercare dos and don'ts or if you would like to book an appointment with one of their eyelash technicians, please call 212.346.0800 or email email@example.com