It was that time of the year again... Festival Season! and it was my second time at Coachella. While every girl was preparing their outfits for the best weekend of their lives, there I was just a few days before my flight still worrying about what would happen to my skin.
Knowing how it easily drys up and breaks during the cold in NY, I expected Palm Springs to be no exception. I knew from the year prior I would be having my few drinks, dancing all day long, and under the sun the majority of the time, so drinking water would not be enough to keep my complexion hydrated.
So before I left on my trip, I made a check list and stocked up on all skin hydration essentials.
I found amazing, economic, travel-size products, I created a beauty regimen I now live by (which I was loyal to every day and night to ensure the best results), and I even found the secret weapon to help me keep a dewy complexion during the festival weekend.
My Skin Regimen:
1. Every morning, first thing in order... Wash my face with my First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser.
I really liked this face wash because it's made for all skin types and it helps reduce dryness and redness. The cleanser has a creamy, whipped texture which I prefer over the foamy ones, and it's infused with a powerful botanical antioxidant blend which helps the skin against environmental aggressors. This pH-balanced formula works to maintain skin’s natural acidity and helps reduce flair-ups, never leaving skin feeling tight or dry.
2. After I pat my face dry, I finish cleaning with the Fresh Rose Floral Toner and some cotton pads. I use it on my face and neck during the morning to remove the dirt produced during the night.
3. I take just one drop of my Valjean Labs Firm Serum, enriched with Vitamin E, and deeply massage it onto my face. This serum enhances elasticity and defends the skin against environmental assaults. This antioxidant is usually found in anti-aging products.
4. Once dry, I take one tiny drop of my Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen with SPF 30 and make sure i's evenly spreaded out on my face and neck.
Unfortunately, skin cancer runs in my family, so it's crucial I take good care of my skin. Easy steps like putting on a bit of SPF in morning, prevent certain types of skin conditions in the long run.
5. Now, time for the good stuff... Moisturizing. I begin with my L’OCCITANE
Immortelle Precious Cream. This cream is rich with organic essential oils and feels smooth and velvety on my skin, and I am obsessed.
6. For hydration, I also LOVE the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream. I love layering it on top to give extra hydration and nice rose petal aroma, without leaving my skin oily.
7. For the eyes, I don't miss a day of the Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Eye Creme. It's truly amazing. This fresh and comforting eye creme instantly hydrates and reduces the dark circles around my eyes, it visibly smoothes, and softens my fine lines as well. It works like magic. This product is a bit more expensive, but definitely worth it.
8. Finally, after I get all glammed up, I seal my makeup with my Facial Spray by Mario Badescu. This magical mist revitalizes with radiance and boosts moisture and glow. Having this in my bag and spraying it on my face a few times a day, was the secret weapon for keeping my skin dewy during the desert heat at the festival.
1. After a long day at Coachella, no matter how tired I was, I couldn't wait to come home and take off all the make up and dirt accumulated throughout the day with my Face Cleanser.
2. Again, I used my Fresh Rose Floral Toner with cotton pads and cleaned my face and neck.
3. When my skin was dry, I moisturized before bed with the Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream which feels light and moist, perfect for a good night rest (very much needed after I'd been dancing for the last 10 hrs).
4. Finally, before bed, I applied a little bit of my Beauty Balm 360 to ensure moist, plump lips in the morning.